Thursday 24 July 2008

Who We Are...

At this point...people working for the project are myself (Maggy) and my dear friend, Emily. We both have an interest in International Development and are looking to channel this energy into something real, like this project. So right now, the project consists of two 25 year old women, who think they have it in them to pull this off!
When I left Malawi in December, I had asked two men in Chisala if they would oversee the project when it came time to start building. I asked them for two reasons. They were both heavily involved in the project I was working on at at the time and were more reliable and trustworthy than anyone I'd met during my time there. They are also well respected in the community and they know the politics of this small Malawian village. They know how to make things happen. These two men are Douglas Gondwe and Chipulouha Banda (the 2 men on the right.)

No comments: